In the MENA region, abundant solar radiation goes hand in hand with the difficulties of operating in desert areas.
Sand abrasion, heat and high cost of specialized on-site service make it challenging to adopt PV trackers for solar farms, even if solar trackers can increase energy production by more than 20%.
Soltigua’s iTracker tackles all these challenges by combining several innovative features to make the extra yield of sun trackers available also to solar plants in desert areas:
- Mechanical components are tested for an equivalent 55+ years lifetime in harsh desert conditions including 50% of time under heavy sand storms;
- Linear actuators have IP 66 resistance against dust and humidity;
- Soltigua’s solar tracker can resist ambient temperatures up to 50°C and above;
- Easy and faster cleaning is made possible by iTracker’s continuous tables and by the possibility to make contiguous rows face each other and to use robot-based cleaning;
- Remote control of the plant gives you the full benefit of Soltigua’s expertise available on site 24/7.
“iTracker unlocks the potential of solar plants in the desert – says Vittorio Orioli, Soltigua’s Chief Technical Officer – where land is available and blessed with solar radiation.
Soltigua’s innovative solar tracking system can provide a hassle-free increase of 20%+ of the annual production of solar farms in desert areas.
We look forward to share the details with future clients and partners in Soltigua’s stand n. 7411 at the World Future Energy Summit 2018 in Abu Dhabi on January 15th-18th!”